Job Title: Medical Sales Specialist (ROI)
- Medical (ethical) sales to key accounts within Hospitals and Specialists Clinics. 70% focus.
- Support to drive OTC sales through specified key retail accounts. 30% focus.
- Promotion portfolio and relationship development through Lead Clinicians and Key Opinion Leaders
- Preparing annual marketing & sales plans and implementing same in line with agreed budget and targets
- Training, liaising with and driving a Contract Sales Force to optimise pharmacy sales and visibility
- Proactively working alongside Marketing, Regulatory and Quality Departments to deliver necessary product materials and marketing campaigns/initiatives for sales growth in the market
- Optimisation of business opportunities for portfolio products in Ireland in the area of Sexual Health and Clinical Nutrition
Location: Based in Head Office at Swords Business Park, Swords, Co. Dublin but the role will primarily be field based at least 90% of time depending on market and business needs. The core geographical focus will be in the greater Dublin/Leinster area but that can change as required within ROI.
Contract Week: 3 to 4-day week (flexibility on weekends required e.g. conferences)
- To reach agreed objectives and sales targets for both prescription and non-prescription portfolio products for the territory. The targets will be agreed at the beginning of the year and updated on a quarterly basis.
- Organise, co-ordinate and execute local (in-clinic, hospital, conference and congress) meetings on territory (note exhibitions and conferences may fall across weekends).
- Clinical presentations and product detailing to clinical targets on the territory.
- Promote and drive prescribing and use of products to all existing and potential customers.
- Develop, establish and maintain relationships with KOL’s to ensure mutually beneficial objectives are met.
- Communicate and meet with key retail partners in ROI ensuring offers and promotions in place.
- Key retail partners training and educational support on core OTC lines and new product introductions.
- Effective time management ensuring delivery of sales objectives and growth.
- To develop and maintain a comprehensive database of customers through a CRM system coupled with maintaining call activity, call report information, sales initiatives and cycles. All aspects of call report information (i.e. Telephone, email, fax, face to face), to be actively recorded on the CRM system.
- Participate in ongoing Sales Training and general healthcare/pharma related training
- Maintain ongoing knowledge of disease areas, products and competitors.
Office Based (10%)
- Planning and agreeing monthly and quarterly meeting/visit schedule through CRM with the Commercial Director.
- Review sales, targets and objectives with the Commercial Director.
- Liaise with the Marketing team to deliver on material and support required to drive and support sales growth.
- Assist with the implementation of competitive OTC strategies and to effectively collaborate with all internal & external stakeholders to ensure these strategies are executed effectively.
- Preparation of quarterly and annual marketing & sales plan and implementing same in line with agreed budget and targets.
- Manage and keep updated all promotional tools required for the product portfolio.
- Potential for field and desk-based market research within the territory.
Essential Skills and Attributes
- Experienced and proven track record within ethical (Rx) sales in hospital or specialist clinic channels.
- MRII member.
- Strong understanding of medical sales by way of sales approach, product detailing, product presenting and understanding the sales cycle.
- Strong understanding of the pharmacy retail market in Ireland.
- Positive, self-motivated persistent, keen to succeed and can-do attitude.
- Ability to work on own in approaching hospital/clinic/GP environment.
- Good communication and listening skills.
- Commercially focused and ability to analyse and interpret sales data
- Excellent planning, organisational and diary management skills with the ability to prioritise work and systematic approach to tasks.
- Confident presentation skills.
- High levels of interpersonal skills – ability to work well both on own initiative and also within a team environment.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook.
- Proficiency in speaking, comprehending, reading and writing English is required.
- Clean Full Driver’s License.
- Previous experience selling with Genito-Urinary, Gynaecology, Sexual Health, Dermatology therapies areas.
- Experience working with CRM systems (Salesforce).
- Relationships already established with the pharmacy chains in ROI.
The Company offers good benefits and an environment conducive to professional growth and advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Passion “Passion is the difference between great and ordinary performance”
- Enjoyment “Enjoy the journey”
- Effective “Together Everyone Achieves More”
- Courage “Be the game changer – it’s not about ideas, it’s about making ideas happen”.
- Empowerment “Honesty and trust is the license to empowerment and responsibility and accountability is the price of empowerment”
To apply for this position: please email cover letter and CV to KoraCareers@korahealthcare.com quoting job title in the subject line.