LiquiD is an oral solution of Vitamin D3 contained in a 100ml bottle and supplied with an oral dosing.
LiquiD is odourless and tasteless, making it easy to take and is specially formulated so that it contains no sugars, no flavouring, no preservatives, and no artificial colours.
LiquiD is notified as a Food Supplement.
LiquiD is an oral solution of Vitamin D3 (cholelcalciferol).
Each LiquiD carton is supplied with a 100ml bottle and an oral syringe (0.1ml-1 ml graduated), allowing for accurate dosing of various concentrations.
The oral syringe allows for ease of dosing for non-standard dosing regimens as it contains a vitamin D3 concentration of 3000IU/ml or 75µg/ml (equivalent to 15,000IU/5ml; 375µg/5ml).
LiquiD is odourless and tasteless, making it easy to take and is specially formulated so that it contains no sugars, no flavouring, no preservatives, no artificial colours.
Kora LiquiD is an alternative when patients have difficulty swallowing capsules or tablets or may have a preference for a liquid formulation. Liquid formulations may also be more suitable for children. Kora LiquiD syringe is suitable for use with nasogastric and gastrostomy feeding systems.
Vitamin D is needed for normal growth and development of bone and contributes to the normal function of the immune system.
Vitamin D contributes to:
- normal absorption/utilisation of calcium and phosphorus
- normal blood calcium levels
- the maintenance of normal bones
- the maintenance of normal muscle function
- the maintenance of normal teeth
- the normal function of the immune system
Vitamin D has a role in the process of cell division.
|Group||Vitamin D Daily Dose||% Reference Intake|
|Children||200 IU (5 μg)||100%|
|Adults (including pregnant and breastfeeding women)||400 IU (10 μg) during the Autumn and Winter||200%|
|People with low sun exposure or decreased skin synthesis of vitamin D who may not get enough vitamin D from the sunlight (confined indoors or with covered skin, such as African, African-Caribbean or South Asian)||400 IU (10 μg)||200%|
- Shake the bottle well before use.
- Turn the bottle upside down; draw back the plunger of the syringe to the desired dose line. Return the bottle to upright position and remove the syringe.
- Place the open end of the syringe into mouth and administer the contents or alternatively transfer the syringe contents onto a spoon and administer.
- Kora LiquiD syringe is suitable for use with nasogastric and gastrostomy feeding systems.
- Store in a cool, dry place in original packaging and out of direct sunlight.
- Keep upright.
- Keep out of the reach and sight of children.